The UK Mission in Geneva launches an Environmental Photography Competition in the run up to COP26.
Published: 4 June 2021
Last updated: 16 July 2021 — See all updates
The UK is preparing to host the UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) in Glasgow in November 2021.
As we count down to COP26, the UK Mission is proud to launch our first Environmental Photography Competition. The idea is to showcase inspirational environmental photography from across international Geneva and encourage climate action.
Photos should have an environmental theme. For example, we hope to see entries that inspire us to live sustainably or enhance our understanding of the causes, consequences of and solutions to climate change.
The winner will receive a state of the art Canon camera (RRP 600 Swiss Francs), with prizes also on offer for 2nd and 3rd place. All those shortlisted will be invited to a reception hosted by the UK Ambassador, with their photographs on display. A panel from the UK Mission will judge entries.
We encourage anyone with a keen eye for photography and an interest in the environment to enter.
The deadline for entries is 23:59 CEST on Sunday 5 September 2021.
How to enter
To enter the competition, email email@example.com with the following information:
- contact phone number
- organisation/agency/institution you are associated with (if applicable)
- job title (or student status)
- your entry (we recommend using a file sharing service such as WeTransfer or Google Drive in order to link to your photo, to avoid the quality being compromised)
- description of your entry (maximum 150 words)
You may enter up to two photographs – separately or together.
By entering the competition, you agree to the following:
- the competition is open to anyone currently living, working and/or studying in Geneva, Switzerland (and the immediate surrounding areas)
- submissions should relate closely to the theme
- participants may submit up to two photographs
- submissions should be uploaded in JPEG or PNG format. Other formats will not be accepted
- photos may be portrait or landscape
- photos should be original and must not infringe any copyrights or any other third-party rights
- the UK Mission will not be responsible for any claim or complaints alleging violation of the rights of third parties
- submissions should not be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional, or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain elements of nudity
- submissions should not promote alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda of message
- submissions should not be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate speech
- submissions should not defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks about other people or organizations
- copyright of the material remains with the participants. By participating in the competition, entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide exclusive license to the UK Mission Geneva, for non-commercial purposes, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit).
- personal data will be handled in line with GDPR requirements
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.